Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Chocolat Croissants

This "recipe" is extremely easy (a monkey could make them!) I prefer to eat these for breakfast but they can also be a dessert!




Chocolat Croissants! (I'm feeling french today.)
I used to get these at the grocery store before I was vegan and they were buttery and soft and amazing to eat early in the morning before my brain turned on. I have been making the blanket pigs for a while and it dawned on me last night like... "hey what the hell, why am I not putting chocolate in these?" So I got really excited at the grocery store and raced home.

You will need:
chocolate chips (I use vegan ones of course),
A pre made package of croissants, ( in your grocers refrigerated aisle) the pillsbury ones are usually vegan so I get those, but if you're not vegan get whichever ones you want!

For the topping:
3 Tbsp soy milk
1/3 c. chocolate chips

Unwrap the croissant rolls and pull apart the triangles! Now we're cookin!! Preheat the oven to whatever the package says, mine was 350 degrees! Take a triangle and lay chocolate chips in the long edge of it, I probably used about 8 chips per triangle, I love chocolate. Roll the triangles loosely toward the tiny side until it looks like a little sleeping bag full of chocolate. yum! place them on a cookie sheet evenly spaced so they don't feel cramped and cook them for however long the package says! Its probably like 15 minutes, these suckers are fast!



Meanwhile you can start the ganache topping! (it sounds fancy but thats just the french thing again, no worries) Use a small sauce pan and heat up the 3 Tbsp (the uppercase T means its a tablespoon and not a teaspo0n or tsp.) until it starts to look like its hot, little bubbles form around the edge and it might boil a little. Watch it cause this will take less than a minute! Remove the saucepan from the heat (turn off the stove dummy) and stir in the 1/3 c. chocolate chips! mix with a rubber spatula until they melt all together into a creamy looking sauce. Let this cool a little and then you drizzle it onto the croissants!
bathtub bear approves!

Your finished product should look like this!
YUM!!

3 comments:

Cheetah Girl said...

Oh my goodness, just had to stop by and say that these look AMAZING! My dad actually orders these from william's sonoma over the holidays instead of making them (laziness) ... :)

prettymess said...

You should make them for your dad, they are cheap and easy!!

Ashley C. said...

Hey, I didn't know you had a food blog! Caught ya!! Those look good. I had no idea those crescent rolls were vegan. Who knew?? I can't wait to start food blogging again. I miss having a kitchen :(