Thursday, February 5, 2009

Banana chocolate chip muffins!


I is tha muffinator


the prettiest muffins you ever did see...

So this originally called for blueberries instead of chocolate chips but who's got blueberries just lying around all the time? Not me, that's for damn sure!! I ain't no fancy pants blueberry keeper!! (no offence to any fancy pants blueberry keepers, I actually envy and commend you for your fancy pants wearing and amazing blueberry keepingness) So since I am too cheap to go buy blueberries I looked to my old fail safe, chocolate.

Chocolate, oh how I love thee.



Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup "milk"
1 large banana
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tbsp molasses
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips



Preheat oven to 375 degrees (do ovens in other countries have their heat knobs marked in celcius?) Lightly oil 12 muffin tins or line with paper liners. In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients together, (except chocolate chips) set aside. In a blender or food processor mix all the wet ingredients (peel the banana first! I also recomend breaking it into chunks for easy blending) together until smooth! Slowly mix the wet mixture into the dry mixture until it looks, you know... mixed, mix in chocolate chips and spoon evenly into muffin cups.



Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean! Let cool completely before removing from tins! Makes 12 muffins! ENJOY!!


after I bake them I like to have philosophical discussions with them and bait them for compliments...

No comments: